Open Road Essentials: Terms and Conditions
1. By entering into ‘the Enterprise Rent A Car UK #openroadessentials competition’ (the “Promotion”), entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is open to UK residents who are aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
3. The first Promotion opens at 11:00 on 25th June 2014 and the closing date for entries is 12:00 on Friday 18th July 2014 (the “first Promotion Period”). The first Winner will be notified by 17:00 on Friday 25th July 2014.
The second promotion period runs from 11.00 on Friday 18th July until Friday 8th August 2014. The second winner will be notified by 17:00 on Friday 15th August 2014.
4. Entry to the Promotion is free, although entrants will require access to the Internet. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the Promotion, including in relation to the use of the Internet.
5. The Promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter (as defined at Paragraph 6 below), its subsidiaries, group and associated companies, their respective immediate family members and anyone involved in or connected with the Promotion, including any printers, agents and/or suppliers.
6. The promoter is Enterprise Rent A Car UK Limited, whose registered office is at Enterprise House, Delta Way, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8RX (the “Promoter”).
B. ENTERING THE PRIZE DRAW
7. To enter, entrants must, during the period of the competition:
• take a photo of one or more items that form part of their ‘Open Road Essentials’
• read and accept these Terms and Conditions; and
• upload their photo of their Essential(s) to either Instagram or Twitter, including the hashtag #openroadessentials and @ either @UKenterprise on Twitter, or @enterpriseUK on Instagram
• Write a short description of their item(s) and what makes it special within their chosen platform
• ensure that they are following either @ukenterprise on Twitter, or @enterpriseUK on Instagram
8. No responsibility is accepted for delayed or mis-transmitted entries. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
9. Each entrant grants the Promoter an irrevocable, exclusive and royalty free licence to use their entry in perpetuity in connection with the Promotion.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who it believes has breached these terms and conditions or acted inappropriately or dishonestly in connection with the Promotion.
C. THE PRIZE
11. At the end of each Promotion Period, one entrant will be chosen by an independent judge as the winner (the “Winner”).
12. 2 winning entries selected by the Enterprise judging panel will each win a £1000 road trip each. This will take the form of hire credit with Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
13. The winning participants will be notified of their win by 5pm on Friday 25th July 2014 (first winner), and Friday 15th August 2014 (second winner) within the platform that they entered an eligible entry.
If Twitter, this will be by @reply. If Instagram, this will be via photo comment and @ mention.
14. No purchase is necessary to claim the Prize. The Winner will be contacted via Twitter. If the initial Winner cannot be contacted within seven days or subsequently fails to claim the Prize within seven days, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
15. The Winner will be announced and their name and image posted on Twitter once they have been successfully contacted by the Promoter.
16. The Winner agrees (i) to participate in all required publicity and (ii) to their name and image appearing in post event publications and on the Promoter’s website, online magazine and/or social media sites.
18. The Prize is as stated above and is subject to availability and the suppliers’ terms and conditions (as applicable). The Promoter is not responsible for the quality of any goods and/or services supplied by a third party in connection with the Promotion.
19. The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or other alternative. The Prize may be taxable and the Winner will be responsible for any tax arising.
20. The Prize will be arranged with the winner within 30 days of the Winner being successfully contacted by the Promoter as long as valid contact details are provided.
21. In the event that the Prize is unavailable for any reason outside the Promoter’s control the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or similar value.
22. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law the Promoter excludes liability for any losses, damages and claims incurred by any person in connection with the Promotion.
23. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. Eligible entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram. By entering this Promotion, each eligible entrant releases Twitter from any action or claim arising out of the Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not Twitter.
24. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the Promotion if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
26. Contact information about entrants is collected by the Promoter in order to contact them about the Promotion and where applicable award the Prize.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any action arising out of these terms shall be litigated in, and only in, the courts of England and Wales, and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts and further agree that they are a convenient forum for you.